Air Conditioning Tune-Up
The Benefits of an Air Conditioner Tune-up
During the year whether it is working or not, your air conditioning system accumulates dirt and dust making it less efficient and costing you additional money in utility bills. We have also discovered over the years that the many problems that arise when the days become warm could be avoided by simple preventative maintenance. Precision Tune-Ups and Professional Cleanings are valued at $191, however we offer our Tune-Ups at a $88 special. Here is a list of the individual operations that we perform during an Air Conditioning Tune Up.
- Check Evaporator Coil where accessible
- Install anti-algae tabs in evaporator coil
- Wash and clean outdoor unit
- Check condenser fan blade for proper balance
- Complete supply duct system inspection
- Complete return duct system inspection
- Test safety devices for proper operation
- Water heater safety inspection
- Check water heater connections for rust
- Dryer vent safety inspection
- Inspect refrigerant line for cracks or leaks
- Inspect electrical system for exposed wiring
- Test blower motor amperage
- Run test air conditioner
- Monitor refrigerant operating pressures
- Test contactors for pitting or burns
- Test operating amperage of compressor
- Test amperage of condensing fan motor
- Calibrate thermostat for proper operation
- Inspect starting components and switches
- Remove and clean existing air filters
- Inspect disconnect box for proper rating
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Provide instruction on maintenance
- Provide exceptional customer service
What Can I Expect from my Air Conditioner Tune-up?
This service usually lasts between 60 and 90 minutes, which is well worth the time to avoid costly breakdowns during the hottest days of the year. Research has shown that preventative air conditioning maintenance can reduce equipment breakdowns by as much as 95% and lower utility bills by as much as 25%.
For most homeowners, spring is the ideal time to schedule an air conditioning tune up. During the cold winter months, while your air conditioning unit is idle, the system may be a little rusty and have a few kinks or blockages. A comprehensive tune-up service is the best way to eliminate any negative effects that the wet winter may have had on your air conditioning unit.
Do you bring your car in for regular Tune-Ups? We’ll your AC Unit needs regular service too.
For the safety of our family we would never consider taking a road trip without at least having an oil change an inspection done. Since the age of 16, most of us have been conditioned to check the gas, wiper fluids, oil levels and and to always schedule regular tune-up’s especially before taking off for the weekend.
Homeowners eventually become conditioned to the same habits with their air conditioning system. Your air conditioner operates much in the same way, except your AC get’s turned on abruptly and used consistently for months on end. Having regular maintenance performed on your home’s air conditioner can help you to catch any small problems early on before they have a chance to either develop into something more serious, or cause serious damage to other the other components of your system. Regular maintenance will help you extend it’s lifespan while also helping to reduce the chance of a future breakdown.