California First: Walnut Creek Homeowners' Home Improvement Financing Solution
Today’s homeowners strive to be mindful of their impact on the environment and, as such, are making better decisions when it comes to decking out their properties.
In earlier times, families having a new home built may have been mostly concerned about choosing materials and systems that met their requirements for aesthetics and convenience. Today, however, people are looking for eco-friendlier features — provisions that would allow them to maximize use of energy and minimize the amount of precious resources wasted.
One of the biggest challenges that households face in this regard, however, is financing. While many people would love to make their home as Earth-friendly as possible, budget constraints prevent them from making the important upgrades, and so they have no choice but to skip making changes until they are more financially secure.
How Does California FIRST work?
For people living in California, however, there is a program that would help them access the funds needed to transform the average home into a more energy efficient one.
The solution is called California FIRST. Walnut Creek and other qualifying municipalities will be provided financing, with no money down, to use toward water-saving, renewable energy and energy-efficiency upgrades for their houses.
The program gives the financial assistance that most homeowners need to make water and energy improvements to their properties for the long term.
CaliforniaFIRST is offered by Renew Financial in partnership with local governments and is quite simple to use. Here are some of the key details to take note of:
- Property owners will receive 100% financing. There are no out-of-pocket costs involved.
- Up to 15% of the property value can be borrowed.
- Homeowners can choose flexible repayment terms that suit them best. They can choose to repay in five, 10, 15, 20, 25 or even 30 years.
- The financed amount will not appear in the person’s credit report.
- The balance may be transferred to a new owner in the event that the house is sold.
- There is no prepayment penalty.
Qualifying for California FIRST Financing
CaliforniaFIRST financing can be used for a wide range of home improvement projects. A few examples are heating and cooling systems, insulation and air sealing, artificial turf, cool roofs, energy-efficient windows and doors, and installation of solar panels.
With this solution, homeowners won’t have to pay huge upfront costs to make their home a more comfortable and energy-efficient one. They can benefit from competitive interest rates, and they receive the government’s support for their home improvement objectives.
How can you secure CaliforniaFIRST financing? There are a few steps you need to take:
- Choose a Renew Financial Registered Contractor. This professional will take you through each step of the process so that you can have peace of mind that everything is done right.
- You can apply for financing through phone or online. It can take as little as a few minutes to get approved.
- Next, you need to sign the financing documents. There’s no need to go to the bank for this since signing can be done electronically.
- Your selected contractor will then make the water or energy efficiency improvements to your property.
- Once you are completely satisfied with the work done, Renew Financial will pay the contractor for their services.
- Finally, you can repay the financed amount on your property taxes according to the terms you have selected.
Living in a truly energy-efficient home doesn’t have to remain a dream. Find out more about CaliforniaFIRST financing and get started on making your property as sustainable as it can be.